Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Enlisted one of the best shows no one is watching...yet.

There are very few funny shows anymore and it is even rarer to find one on the NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX. Put Enlisted is that show and it aired on FOX. Now I could go on and on about how it was never going to get the attention it needed from FOX or the fact that they put it on Friday Nights. But I will try and stick to the show. When I saw the first preview I though oh it looks cute I will give it a chance. Then I found out it was created by Kevin Biegel I said out loud this show will be funny and it will have several seasons. Kevin has been around the block a while Scrubs, Cougar Town and now Enlisted. So his name alone was all I needed to know it was going to be a hit.

The first season consisted of 13 episodes. Those 13 episodes have more heart and emotion than some of the drama's I watch. It can make you "ugly cry" one second and have you laughing your ass off the next. Again something that is difficult for a comedy to do which is why most comedies don't even try.
In those 13 episodes you got to see brothers reunite, fight and support each other in a very touching way. But more importantly the group of misfits already in Rear D became part of something even bigger than the Army, they became brothers and sisters. It made me see the Army in an entirely different light. I didn't even now there is a Rear D and yes they are soldiers to.

I am one very small individual trying to save this show. There are several others out there that are more creative than me. But I like to think I am just as passionate. I want this show to continue. When I see a show get cancelled I think well it had a good run or that's not surprising. Well this show proves me wrong on both accounts. It didn't get the run it deserved and it was very surprising also heartbreaking at the same time. But with the help of the other Enlistees we are there for one another fighting for this show to continue. Because simply we are Brothers and Sisters we are family.

HANDSONHEADS.

No comments:

Post a Comment